Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gay union, yes.

There is no law saying 2 private parties can't join assets based on gender, is there?




I know there's no law saying any type(s) of people can't have a celebration, inculding a union celebration.



I do know that there are laws saying you can't call it "marriage" when people of the same gender do it.



This is basically a war over the word, which is a waste of time and energy.



Call it something else. Change the meaning of a different term, or make up your own word.



I agree, "Domestic Partenship" sounds boring, unloving, and dry. "Marriage" is just one word with 2 sls. "Domestic Partenship" is 2 words with 3 sls each, making 6. PAIN IN THE ASS. Make up a one, one or 2 sl word of your own.



I think "marriage" should stay a ref to christians, to keep the enffeis(?) on how fucked up it is when they get a divorce. Religions have their own terms for their forms of union, so what makes the word "marriage" so special, in the first place?



I don't want to be "married" because I'm not a christian, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment