Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thank you, Shreveport, LA

And I must say, I'm very impressed with the new level of stupid being shown to the world. Monday 6 teens drowned, because they nor their parents knew how to swim.



First of all, everyone that lives here is going "If you don't know who to swin why are you in the Red River?" If you don't know how to swin why are you near any large body of water? I don't know how to swin (yet) and I don't even go near pools!



Secondly, we all hate this shit had to go international. Many my not know it but people already think we're stupid for being southern, and thieves for being in la. Now we're stupid thieves that get ourselves drowned by playing in water when we know we don't know how to swim.



I'm glad it happened, however. Now that's there's a spotlight on the ignorance people will insistively change their ways. Our YWCA is closed, and the YMCA pool won't be re-opened until next year, due to remodeling. The only place (right now) that's well-known to be public is Swim School, who will gladly make their killing off a bigger fear of drowning. A FEAR SO BIG PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO PROVENT IT, INSTEAD OF TIRNG TO HALFASS-NOT-REALLY-GONNA-GO-NEAR-IT-BUT-FAR-ENOUGH-IN-IT-FLASELY-THINK-THEIR-SAFE-UNTIL-THEY-ACTUALLY-DROWN AVOID IT. Soon some of these churches will have their own pools and charge for swiming lessons. We have alot of churchs, so that will be alot of pools. Soon we'll be "The city of churchs AND MERPEOPLE!" which is much better, and much more fun then just churches.



I read the story on Y!news, and their was a very interesting statistic. It basically said something we that live here already know, but now the world knows: Black people are less likely to know how to swin because they fear water. They don't get their kids lessons, but let them play in water. That's why black kids are 22% more likely to drown than white kids.



I really hope more stupid shit happens before I move. I don't think I'm going anyone I'm from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment