Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm working NOA! : LOLZ inside!

I got a short orry on the job ,and what not and he's a pretty cooly guy. The only thing was "There are cameras! Big brother's watching so BEHAVE!" thing. I'm not surprised there are cameras ,because certain computer parts are worth a good lil bit of money (but not much) but they way he and others talked about it was like "o.O", especially about cell phones. We're not suppose to have them in the building ,but we do anyway.so they have to be off , or silent. The guy that orr'ied me didn't say anything about that. I guy came over to me like "Big brother doesn't like cell phones. You've been warned." ,and later on break the girl that was training me was like "OH NOEZ! Don't look at my phone!" when we where going back in ,and when i took it out after we were done working the girl was like "Don't let Big Brother see it!" All day was "Wtf's going on around here with the cell phones?" but i lol'd, too.

The stuff is hard at first ,but when you know the parts ,and how to take them off it's easy. It's harder from me because I don't have alot of arm strength. Others can just ripped the stuff off ,and I have to wack on it with a hammer and crow bar. It's the computers that give me that kind of hell. The cable boxes aren't at bad to take apart ,but i was told sometimes they have roaches in them... dead and alive. I can do dead roaches ,but live ones - they can get a show when that happens ,cuz there's a good chance I'm gonna freak all the way out. It's not the roaches, it's the surprise of them.

I got some characters to work with ,but that doesn't upset me at all. They talk ,laugh ,and play around but work still gets done ,and that's what matters. I like the friendly work environment ,and it's not taking me long to warm up to everyone. They agree I'm doing a good job ,and I'm fast (the same thing they said at Pratt). I like the praise ,and all so the next line might sound alil ungrateful: I don't do a good job for the praise; I do it because that's what i think needs to be done. I do a good job ,because I hate it when people go on jobs and do poorly. Especially in the service industry. If you don't want to work the job DON'T APPLY FOR IT! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

I like this job ,but I'm gonna try to move on when I get my GED. I want to go into inventory ,janitor/ maid,and maybe some other stuff later on. I'm thinking about trade school or something like that ,but I donno what I wanna do. Alot of recent family has been givers to the community. My mom's a social worker. Alot of my people are in the military ,now including my sister. My God mom was a traveling nanny, and my god sister and grandmother (mom's side) were teachers. I come from alot of giving people and I like to give too ,but is that a career i wanna take up? I don't want to join the armed forces at all! I don't want to be a teacher for various reasons other then the job ,itself. I've thought on and off thought the years about being a social worker ,and I think i wanna work with teens ,especially gay and bi teens. It's a raising issue that has turned out to need more help, more so with the mental/ physically chall'd ones. It's just I FUCKIN HATE PAPER WORK! I'll think of something ,tho. In the meantime I'm content until I get my GED.

No comments:

Post a Comment