Friday, May 14, 2010

About Art Thieves.

Firstly, I have to start with the victums. I know it's a really hard feeling to take, as i was once a victum. However, whenever I see someone go off in a big tangite about how the "hate people", and they're going to or they want to "delete everything in their gallery" I can help but want to slap them. My first inconuter with an art thief was IN REAL LIFE, and it was one of my friends. She not only traced my stuff, but she edited things I gave her, and said she did the whole thing all together. I was very upset with her, and didn't talk to her for weeks afterward. Things didn't turn violante, and I'm still friends with her today (that was YEARS ago). I never cursed humanity for it, nor did i threaten to throw away all my stuff, or quit drawing.



When someone steals your stuff over the internet it shouldn't be THAT much of a surprise. It's the interenet, with the open freelancing of EVERYONE in the world having access to what you post. You have every right to be upset, but being immature enough to throw insults at the general public is a big shame on you. By deleting your stuff you're punishing the honest people that enjoy your stuff and WON'T steal from you. By quitting your craft you're only hurting yourself. That's one less reason to your life. It's just some idiot on the interenet, so stop acting like your life is over. What's really annoying are the people that reload everything very small, and too heavily watermarked to see. There's no point in posting something people will hardly be able to see. No matter how you look at it, blowing it out of proportion makes YOU look bad. If you're faith in security is so head-strong why trust the internet, in the first place?



Let me tell you something about art thieves, having been face-to-face with one: Pity them. Think about why people steal, in the first place. They're are very reasons, but when you're the victum you don't think about the desperation behind the act. It's something they could be doing just because they can, but maybe it's someone with very low self-esteem, and just wants to feel good at something. The best thing you can do is warn others. If they stole from you they'll most likely steal from others, so inform the masses to be on the look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment