Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Event Coordinators need money


Much to my dismay I will be unable to plan my church’s young adult group’s events. One less thing I have to worry about, but I was excited to be able to have a part in something - and an important part, at that. I would need money to get around, and I don’t have any. When I took the position it was in the vague hopes that my situation would have changed by now. I didn’t get “fired”, but I ruefully had to give the position to someone else. I did it of my own accord, because it is what’s better for the group. The person I handed it to has income and can get around better than I can. I hate that I had to give up the position for this reason. This is the way things were meant to be, however, so there’s nothing I can do about it.
The person I handed it to I was previously at odds with. I’m ready to not have any farther contact with said person for a long time after this. The communication was “If you can do better than me, by all means DO SO,” and I handed the responsible to them. I will not be attending the meets as I don’t want to be around this person, for the time being. There are other factors that have generated this outcome. It’s not just about the online group. I’ve stopped talking to this person before, so it’s no surprise this has to repeat itself.
This all took place on the dreaded faceblahk, but I’ve deactivated my account. With being active on that group I was spending more time on that site than I ever care to, so now I’m going to be off it for a while. I also don’t want to have to go on the site and look at anything else about this. I feel depressed and ashamed about this situation. It’s not just about the group, it’s about money. I don’t have any so I can’t do anything. I don’t want someone to always have to give me something. I want to be able to do things on my own.
Fuck you, Shreveport. And, fuck Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment