Friday, June 6, 2014

I got a job! And, now for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

And, I don't care much for it, so it's time to get some new hobbies! If all I have to focus on is something I don't like I'll start getting depressed and angry. I feel like it's time to put my focus on more bodily means. My current hobbies are more social and creative based. I love drawing and fanficing, but I need to get my body going. I still dance, but I dance solo. I'm looking at martial arts, for in a class I will be working on my body while still being able to be social. I'm also looking at fencing, because why not?

I see quite a bit going on in tai chi which is linked to kung fu. The area has taeknowdoe and karate, but who doesn't? I want to do something different. there's also a parkour school out here, but it's all the way across town outside of the bus routes. If I can find a way to get out there I'll gladly take the classes and use the gym. Parkour is the closest I'll get to taijutsu, as the taijutsu school is in a different town. Either one is fine, though.

I'm not going to be unreasonable. I'm looking at these options one at a time, as I expect them to take a huge toll on my body. Fencing might come first as it looks to be the shortest thing, and if I'm not pleased with it I can stop much easier than these other things I'm looking at.

On a different sort of in the same subject, there's the language learning thing that keeps getting put down due to cost. So far, I've found it much cheaper to learn a martial art than to learn a different language. I've found a kung fu class for $60 a month and Rosette Stone is $200, right? When I priced ASL classes the cheapest I found was $85, and a tutor was $75.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment