Monday, April 6, 2009

I don't like Prismacolor very much

My sister gave me the $150 pack. Tin casing, 48 colors, collect art cover. They look very nice ,but i don't like the way they color ,and the scanner much the colors look weird. I'm not saying it's a bad product. I'm saying it's not for me.

The reason I'm posting this ,is because disillusion going on in some artists that expensive produces makes art better. I'm here to to you that THAT cake is a lie.

First of all, it's you SKILL that's makes your work what it is. It's how much time you put into your craft ,and your dedication to it.

Secondly, not everything is for everyone. Personaly, i prefer SAI ,and openCanvas WAY over Photoshop. ArtWeaver is also a good product. I use to have PhotoPlus ,but some of the features stopped working ,for whatever reason. Honestly, i don't think PhotoShop is worth them money they make you pay for it. About $10 or $20 cheaper ,would be best. I had a hard time with GIMP, and it just didn't work for me. It also taking up too much space on computers.

A brand I have taken a liking to is Staedtler Luna. A friend from Malaysia sent them to me, and I'll be hunting them down to see if they're here ,later.

I have yet to try Copie markers ,and Prismacolor markers or any other Prismacolor produces ,and I doubt I will. 1. I was never too happy about about coloring with markers ,even as a kid. 2. I'm a heavy judge. If one of your produces don't work for me ,I doubt your other ones will.

I'll try them for free ,like how I got these pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment