Friday, August 1, 2014

Friends but not friends

Someone I met in the shelter that helped me move into my room. I thought we were friends, even after they confessed their "advanced" feelings for me. They didn't stop hanging after that, so I thought it was ok. Even when they still went on to try to advertise going out to dinner together.They were even there to help me move and get settled in by spending my first fews days with me.

But -on my end of the story-, when it finally set in that I wasn't interested in such events my personality suddenly became "too radical" for them. The main event that gave them their "out" on our relationship was my disagreeing with their plans to appease their shelter case manager. The idea was to apply for the program that I'm in, but with no interest in joining. I expressed that I disagreed with them wasting the program's time and taking time and space someone that needed the program and wanted to be in it could be using. After that we talked no more, until I found out they worked at a store. We still didn't "talk",  but I made it clear I was over it.

I was shocked, as that was the first time that's ever happened to me. I'm disgusted, and disappointed with the situation, but not disheartened by humanity. It was explained to me that the person just wanted to feed off my positive energy, but I don't believe such things. I'm just as homosapien as anyone else, and there's nothing of me to feed from. There are times I can't even feed myself. 

When they repeated vented about the same issue with their family members I would tell them "You need to sign up for Aspen Pointe to see a therapist. There's nothing I can do to help with the issues of your family." And, I'm proud on how consistent I was with that. And, still am. That's what I tell everyone that comes to me with in-depth problems. "I'm not the help you need. You need a professional," has become my tagline. I can see how they would think seeking a higher level of relationship with me would get me to open up to those kinds of problems, but I was strictly rejecting it. The kind of relationship also comes with other details that I was rejecting even more. I also wasn't sexually attracted to them, and it's common for sex to be a factor in those types of relationships in our culture. AND, IT WASN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

I'm not awaiting "marriage". I wait on "the one", and I know that "one" would not drop me because I'm not a cheerleader for all the bad jokes, repeated rants, and self righteous behavior. I quit baby sitting a long time ago, and I have no plans to return to it - nor I will be baby sitting adults (/'s egos).

No comments:

Post a Comment