Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Now I know that I'm actually sexist.

What brought me to this:

In June, I started volunteering at a center. One of the other volunteers contacted me from the staff list with person intent. They didn't have my knowledge and certainly not my permission in doing so. They started off with coming to live with them, an hour away from where I currently am. After I turned that down, they offered for my to attend a fest with them in a different town an hour away. The kept inviting me to stuff, and I was very standoffish about it. I saw the kindness in their actions, but someone suddenly contacting me and inviting to to places an hour away from where I live to place where I don't know anyone is strange.

Recently, has person has admitted they became frustrated with my coy behavior so I forced myself to finally tell them the truth. Like I said, I saw the kindness, but it was too much too soon, and it spookied me. Unfortunately, they didn't want to accept this and kicked me out of their life as much as they could without me actually being in it, in the first place.

How this links to sexism:

This person has a vagina. Even though I'm well aware that people with a vagina are just as evil as people with a penis, I still treated that person much kinder than I would have if it had been someone with a penis. If they had a penis, I would have bluntly cut them off without thinking about it. Something along the lines of: "No one has permission to contact me without relation to the center. That's a very creepy and disrespectful thing to do. Cease and desist." And, I still would have told our supervisor after handling it myself.

But no. I was dealing with a vagina wielder, so I kept it going, hoping they would get the hint that I didn't want to be close to them, but I was ok with talking to them casually. By that I mean online, as we live an hour apart. They took all of this into their own hands - I didn't ask for any of this. They had no respect for me in the action of contacting me from the staff list without my permission. They also don't under that what they did was wrong. I'm not assuming that - they actually said they did nothing wrong when I confronted them about how I felt. I would have forwarded the emails to our supervisor at that point - it if were someone with a penis.

Resolve:

I know the universe was telling me this, for it put someone from the past in my line of vision. A person with a penis for whom I was very blunt and direct with, before. They exited my life with their own disgrace and I have no interest in letting them back in. That is how I should also treat this person.
I am thankful that the universe pointed out my sexist ways. Regardless of gentials, body stature and all - all people are hurt hurtful beings. I will be blunt and direct with all of them equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment